Monday, December 10, 2012

Week in Comics 12/5/12

I totally meant to do this last night, and then I ate a bunch of crappy food and passed out. Then, I meant to do it on the MAX this morning, but completely zoned it. So, now it's officially into the next week, BUT I DON'T LET THE MAN'S CALENDAR KEEP ME DOWN. SPOILERS FOR LAST WEEK'S COMICS. Although, my thoughts on these may be a bit short.

Animal Man v2 #15
By Jeff Lemire, Timothy Green II and Steve Pugh
     Pretty much more of the same. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's one of those issues where a lot of not much happens and then there is a shocking reveal on the last page. Pretty common in current comics, which sometimes makes issues that don't really stick with you. I'm sure they'd serve a lot better for Trades, but waiting a month for a light issue is always kind of a bummer.

Batwing #15
By Fabian Nicieza and Fabrizio Fiorentino
     I really hope these solo adventures keep up. Batwing is developing some much needed personality.

Detective Comics v2 #15
By John Layman, Jason Fabok and Andy Clarke
     Again with this series. The main plot is solid and the backup seems way more interesting. They tie pretty closely together, but Clayface yelling "NOOOO" has nothing on Clayface being super sad in a sewer reading old love letters.

Swamp Thing v5 #15By Scott Snyder and Marco Rudy













Worlds' Finest #7
By Paul Levitz, Kevin Maguire and George Perez
     Did not think I'd see any comic ever mention Kony 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment